Your Bi-Weekly Update #5
1. First and foremost, I'd like to wish my readers a most blessed and happy Easter. I was out of action over the long weekend to celebrate this event with family visiting from out West and hence the lack of posts.
2. Work continues apace on the Warhammer 40K army -- I will try to post some pictures of my progress later this week. I'm a bit skeptical that I'll actually get enough done to go to the tournament I'm thinking of, but it's good motivation to get it done. Of course, some would point out that this takes away from my writing but I continue to be thoroughly uninspired in that category so I'd rather do something that I am inspired to do since this is all for free.
3. Although speaking of inspiration, a friend of mine is working on his own webpage that will feature science fiction/fantasy fiction from a Catholic perspective. Unlike Swords and Space his site will feature the work of several authors in what he hopes will be a small part of a Catholic renaissance of sorts. I am very tempted to do some comics-work for this site although I know my time is very limited. If he does all the story-boarding and other prep work, I might be able to pencil at least one issue worth. I'll update on how that progresses.
4. In the interests of doing my part to try to secure the widest release possible for Iron Sky, I'm reproducing their press release (at their request) here:
MOON NAZIS BRING HOME 3 MILLION USD OVER EASTER
Iron Sky opens nr. 1 in Finland and wins screen average in Germany
Finnish-German-Australian Moon Nazi comedy Iron Sky was released on April 4th in Finland (Buena Vista Finland) and Norway (Euforia), and the next day in German-speaking Europe (Polyband), on 340 screens, and gathered more than 250.000 admissions over the Easter weekend. The results are very promising also for the hundreds of fans who have invested money in Iron Sky.
In Finland the film was clearly nr. 1, with close to 75.000 admissions. In Germany Iron Sky made double screen average than most of its competitors, opening in 164 screens and gaining over 140.000 admissions - so much that the German distributor is upping the amount of screens.
“The opening was great”, the producer of Iron Sky, Tero Kaukomaa from Blind Spot pictures says. “This is a great opportunity to build further, and those territories who did not yet decide the final release strategy and size got some encouraging news. This opening indicates us millions of cinema admissions around the world. Our next task is to make sure this news is distributed everywhere by our fans and followers.”
Swetlana Winkel , CEO of the german distributor Polyband says; ”We are very glad that so many fans of Iron Sky went to see the film although it was easter holidays and very cold. We will increase the screens to follow the huge demand all over Germany, Austria and Switzerland and we say thank you to all Iron Sky Fans”.
Next Iron Sky is to open in Iceland (Greenlight), Sweden (Noble), Denmark (MisLabel), UK (Revolver), Poland (Kino Swiat), Slovenia & Serbia (Discovery), Australia & New Zealand (Hoytts), US & Canada (Entertainment One), France (Synergy Cinema), Korea (Zamie Pictures), Israel (Shovel Film) and Japan (Presidio), among other territories. Iron Sky team is updating a release map for all the fans to follow when to expect the film to their home territory. The map can be found here; http://www.ironsky.net/site/film/releasedates/
Iron Sky director Timo Vuorensola enjoyes the start, but reminds that the work is far from done: ”We get requests constantly from Spain, Italy and Latin America to get the film to theaters there as well, and we are working furiously to get the distributors to understand the power of the fan community and the awesome word-of-mouth the film is gaining. The best way to get the word out there is to ask to see Iron Sky in these areas, and our Demand-service is a tool just for that.”
Stealth Media Group has sold the world out apart from Portugal, Italy, Spain, Latin America and South Africa. Iron Sky can be demanded to be seen in the theater near you here; http://www.ironsky.net/demand
- Timo Vuorensola & The Iron Sky Team