Over the years, many attempts have been made to create a definitive timeline of history before the restoration under Emperor Henryk the Great. This has proved impossible; simply too much was lost or never recorded at all in the great nuclear fires of the terrible wars of those days.
Further exacerbating the historian's attempts in this area is the greater infrequency of reliance upon written records in the latter decades (digital data being wiped-out by EMPs) and the general failure of scholarship. This gives rise to the ironic circumstance that it has proved easier to at least approximate a history of events before the twenty-first century, than afterward.
Nevertheless, using the best scholarship to hand, and cross-referencing the oft-times contradictory primary sources, the following is the best "working time line" for the student of the death and rebirth of Christian Civilization, and shall be the basis for this text:
- Early to Mid 21st Century - A series of treaties between the collapsing United States, China, and the European Union creates the so-called "One World Government"
- Mid- to late 21st Century - Colonization of Mars begins
- Late 21st Century - First space exploration test flights using cryogenic freezing technology as an attempt to explore further reaches of space and mine the solar system for resources conducted
- Late 21st to early 22nd Century, the so-called "One World Government" begins to disintegrate; war is inaugurated when Russia attempts to break free in conjunction with Moslem uprisings throughout Europe, Asia, and North America.
- 22nd Century - most of the earth descends into dark ages; complete governmental collapse in all but a few metropolitan localities and on Mars
- 28 January, 2160 - Pope St. Linus II elected supreme pontiff, ending an unknown period of sedevacante (some sources indicate the last pope in the mid-20th century followed by a series of antipopes, other sources indicate a deadlocked conclave sometime in the mid 21st century after which the College of Cardinals attempted to govern via a special committee)
- 13 December, 2163 - The twenty-third Ecumenical Council of the Catholic Church, held in secret in an underground bunker under the Swiss Alps, is convened by Pope St. Linus II
- 13 May, 2165 - Russia consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by Pope St. Linus II in union with all the bishops of the world
- 15 May, 2175 - General Henryk Severnov named Field Marshall of the scattered Russian forces that he has united under his leadership
- May 2175 - November 2177 - The campaign to save Russia, resulting in the liberation of that land and much of Central and Eastern Europe from anarchy, war, and brigandage and uniting them under the aegis of the Russian army
- 1 November, 2177 - Henryk Severnov proclaimed "Imperator" and Supreme Ruler of Russia by his soldiers; he immediately sets about erecting a functional government, establishing his capital in Minsk (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Novgorod, and Kiev all being too radioactive from multiple bombings in the late 21st/early 22nd century)
- 21 July 2179 - Successful launch of "Tsar Nicholas II", the first Russian space vessel in orbit since c. 2000
- 9 June, 2182 (Pentecost Sunday) - Henryk Severnov, Supreme Ruler of Russia, along with all his generals and the Patriarch of Moscow, makes a solemn abjuration of Orthodoxy and joins the Catholic Church; mass conversions throughout Russia and the European territories held by her armies ensue
- 18 September, 2182 the Royal Astrogators' Guild is founded on the feast of St. Joseph Cuptertino, who is adopted as patron
- 19 April, 2184 first components of the space station "Tycho Brahe" launched
- 2185-2200 Supreme Ruler Henryk Severnov signs a series of treaties with leaders of the fledgling governments across the globe to form an anti-"One World Government" coalition; he personally leads campaigns in Europe
- c. 2200 - Effective end of the global wars
- 25 December, 2201 - Henryk of Russia crowned Holy Roman Emperor on Christmas Day by Pope Urban X
- 2 June, 2204 - I.S.S. Aeneis is the first non-"One World Government" vessel to orbit Mars; first contact made between earth and Mars since the early 22nd century; the government of The Federal Republic of Mars is hostile but allows a landing party onto the surface
- February, 2210 - First missionaries dispatched to evangelise Mars
- 1 October, 2212 - I.S.S. Lepanto is the first vessel to visit Proxima Centauri, using FTL drive
- 6 October, 2216 - graviton generator developed by Fr. Kempf, SSIL, tested aboard the I.S.S. Mater Dolorosa
- January 2220 - construction on the interstellar exploration vessel, Rex Caelestis, begins
- 1 May, 2244 - "Black Wednesday", war breaks out between earth and Mars when the Federal Republic of Mars launches a surprise attack on the colony ship Beatrice
- 28 May, 2244 - at the Council of Vityebsk, Pope Clement XX preaches the crusade to liberate Mars; massive support in response; a fleet led by the Imperial Astrogators' Guild assembled
- 7 October, 2264 - The final and decisive battle for Mars fought in the Hellas Impact Basin; victory attributed to the miraculous intercession of Our Lady of Olympus Mons
- 27 October 2267 (Feast of Christ the King) - The I.S.S. Rex Caelestis launched with a five year mission to explore nearby solar systems.